ALL-IN-ONE EVENT ORGANISATION PLATFORM
Book after-work Rooms in Amsterdam
Popular after-work Rooms in Amsterdam
Discover after-work rooms in rooms in Amsterdam
What clients say about us
Honestly, where to begin with after-work events in Amsterdam? We all know what this city is about, and that’s why it’s loved and visited by so many of us! But the diversity of style and taste in this city might surprise you. That’s why we’ve put together this guide to after-work events in Amsterdam. If you still have questions at the end, ask our experts. They’re a click away!
The Best Areas in Amsterdam for After-Work Events
- Noord (North) – Across the banks of the Ij River, you’ll find Amsterdam Noord. This is Amsterdam breaking away from its past and making a case for the future. After-works here take the form of repurposed industrial and urban spaces with a hipster sensibility.
- Jordaan – The Jordaan is one of Amsterdam’s most famed areas. It’s an area of tight streets that hug the city centre’s western edge. For a city that was once the quintessential working-class area, you’ve now got a picturesque ideal of bourgeois life, where after-work venues are very much in the Amsterdam style.
- Weesperbuurt en Plantage – Weesperbuurt en Plantage is an eastern district of the city centre that blends into Amsterdam East. It’s home to some of the University of Amsterdam’s flagships buildings, the zoo, and botanical gardens. After-work venues here are distinguished by their natural light and vibrant use of plant life.
Visitors will be happy to know that Amsterdam has an integrated and intuitive public transport system run by GVB. They offer transport via metro, tram, train, bus, and ferry. You can pay with contactless payments or a 1-7 day OV chip card for greater savings.
The tram and metro are the best way to get around the city. To get to Amsterdam North, the favoured way to cross the river is to take the ferry. It’s quick, free, and has great views.
If you want a truly authentic Amsterdam experience, then, of course, you’ll have to rent a bike. As well as being an icon of the nation, cycling is a convenient way to get about. And if you’re run off your feet, you can always take an Uber.
- Buses: 391, 36.
- Metro: 52
- Ferry: F1, F2, F3, F4.
Secure Parking Garages in Amsterdam Noord
- Park Bee – Distelkade 21.
- Mobypark – Céramiquelaan 1.
- Tram: 13, 17.
- Buses: 18, 22, 347, 357, 397.
- Metro: 52.
- Train: GVB (Amsterdam), NS (intercity), Thayls (interntantional).
Secure Parking Garages in Jordaan
- Q-Park – Prins Hendrikkade 20A.
- Parking Garage Oosterdok – Oosterdocksstraat 150.
Weesperbuurt en Plantage
- Buses: 30, 31, 341, 43, 52, 92, PC.
- Metro: 1, 2, 6.
- Train: L.
- RER: A.
Secure Parking Garages in Weesperbuurt en Plantage
- Indigo – 38 Avenue des Ternes.
- Indigo Mac Mahon – 17 Avenue Mac-Mahon.
Going the Extra Mile for Your After-Work Event in Amsterdam
It’s your party, so you’re the boss. If you want an intimate night with your team sharing some wine in deep conversation, then power to you. If you want something a little bit louder, then we do have some suggestions.
Fire up the atmosphere with professional help, perhaps. You can hire dancers, singers, comedians, and performers of all kinds from Scarlett Entertainment.
Alternatively, you can hire a rocking band? After a couple of songs and a couple of drinks, you and your team will be singing at the top of your lungs. Have a look at Morris Agency, where you can hire all kinds of band selections covering genres such as punk, jazz, pop, swing, funk, reggae and much more.
It’s the little details that make a big difference to the overall picture. For example, hiring a quality photographer for your event could be great for marketing and branding later down the road. We can recommend photography agencies like Amsterdam Event Photography or Splento.
Another option is to ask our local experts. They love showing off their knowledge of the city and are very confident in their taste. You never know. They might just deliver the goods.
And if you’d rather avoid the commotion of live music, you can always bring your own. Just check out our guide on how to make a playlist for your after-work party beforehand, though.
Hotels in Amsterdam for Your After-Work Event
Hotels in the Amsterdam Noord (Amsterdam North)
- Prices start from €111
- Star Rating: 4.7
- Highlights: Trendy design, gym facilities, restaurant, TV, panoramic views, WiFi.
- Prices start from €55
- Star Rating: 4.1
- Highlights: Smart technology and sustainable design, rain shower, Smart TV, fitness centre, WiFi.
Hotels in the Jordaan
- Prices start from €140
- Star Rating: 4.7
- Highlights: Award-winning design, parking, laundry service, and WiFi.
- Prices start from €116
- Star Rating: 4.5
- Highlights: Historic canal house, bespoke designs, TV, complimentary drinks.
Hotels in Weesperbuurt en Plantage
- Prices start from €81
- Star Rating: 4.3
- Highlights: Sophisticated look, quiet atmosphere, stunning rooftop views, TV, music speakers, glass roof in the lounge.
FAQ for after-work Rooms in Amsterdam
An afterwork room in Amsterdam can cost between €55 - €100 per hour. This price can vary depending on the number of guests and your menu choice. Our City Experts can give you a rough quote based on the requirements of your after-work event.
Each afterwork venue has different cancellation policies. Generally, the earlier you cancel, the more money you can expect to get back. Cancellations within 48 hours of your booking are typically non-refundable.
Booking an afterwork event is simple! Look through our afterwork venues and send us a request with your dates. Our City Experts will respond with a quote and availabilities. If you can't find your dream venue, let us know. We can recommend more partners.
There are tons of great neighbourhoods in Amsterdam for afterwork events such as De Pijp, De Wallen, Nieuwmarkt en Lastage, Buiksloterham, Westerpark, Oud-West and Oud-Zuid. These areas have fantastic transport links, attractions and accommodation options. Choose the best one for you by reading our guide to the best areas in in Amsterdam.